Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog

Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog
Two-Tone Crystal and Bugle Bead Bracelet,design by S.Eddy

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Twisted Bead Beads

So, there's a cool online tutorial for using the coiling gizmo, which was one of the toys I bought at a recent bead show. In case you are interested, the URL is

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-beaded-coiled-beads-coiling-gizmo-152695/

I gave it a try last night while waiting for my buddy Claudia to come so we could carpool to our monthly meeting of the Rhododendron Needlers Quilt Guild.

I used 22 gauge silver plated wire with size 8 multi-colored beads in spring tones. The instructions in the tutorial say not to wind the coil too tight because you can break the beads, but I think I overcompensated and didn't wind quite tight enough. Either that or I need to use a heavier gauge wire. I'll give it a whirl again tonight when I have more time.

Even given that the coiled beads seem a bit loose, they are funky! This will definitely be a technique I'll be including in future projects.

More later,
TBH

No comments:

Post a Comment