Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog

Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog
Two-Tone Crystal and Bugle Bead Bracelet,design by S.Eddy

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

RAW

I have tried doing some right angle weave (RAW) from book and magazine patterns in the last year or so but usually gave up when it seemed a bit too confusing. However, I recently took a class at Pflora Beads in Canton, MA and Phyllis, the shop owner par excellence, taught a lovely bracelet of her own design featuring RAW. You can see it on her website at http://pflorabeads.com/pflora_beads_jan_2011_004.htm, although I don't think the photo quite does it justice.

I thoroughly enjoyed the class (she's a terrific teacher) and the technique and rushed right home to pull out my book by Marcia DeCoster, Beaded Opulence. All of the designs in the book are based upon RAW and now I'm excited to try to tackle some of them.

Oh, so many lovely designs and beads and so VERY little time!!

TBH

No comments:

Post a Comment