Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog

Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog
Two-Tone Crystal and Bugle Bead Bracelet,design by S.Eddy

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

out of the comfort zone

Hi all. Hope you are enjoying good weather wherever you may be and have had some time to bead. I spent last weekend taking a 2 day class with Stephanie Eddy. It was so much fun. She's a very good teacher, well versed in what she is presenting, patient with her students, easy to talk with. We made tiny berries and tinier berries and leaves and bracelet and necklace bases for them to go on. I finished my bracelet and wore it to work yesterday.

I must say, having something so dimensional and with such movement is more than a bit out of my comfort zone. When I asked hubby what he thought of it his comment was, "well, of course it's got a lot of green in it and it looks like a wrist corsage." (he's not crazy about the color green)

It does look a bit like a wrist corsage and I was a big self-conscious wearing it. Wait until I get the necklace done. That is even a bit MORE over the top than what I would normally wear. We'll see how brave I become.

Having said that, they are really lovely. I enjoyed the process of creating them very much and ended up getting several of Stephanie's other kits because I'm enamored of the style. There's a Victorian necklace design that has a lot of netting work, which I enjoy doing. I can't wait until the Columbus Day weekend when I hope to have some time to play!

Getting out of our comfort zone is good for us. Reach out. Experiment with a new style. Add some umph to your normal routine. It could be just the thing you've been needing to put a little spark in your day.

Best wishes,
TBH-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment