Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog

Welcome to The Beaded Heart Blog
Two-Tone Crystal and Bugle Bead Bracelet,design by S.Eddy

Thursday, September 23, 2010

weaving and wire wrapping

Last month I spent some time at Bead Feast in Philadelphia. It was a fabulous experience and I now I am pouting because I can't go to Bead Feast in Arlington, TX (even though I'd have a place to stay w/family in the area). This working for a living thing really gets in the way of some serious jewelry play time.

Several of the folks who were in my class in Philly were from my general area, so we are getting together tonight to play! Can't wait. We made a basket weave bracelet in the class and are making a different version tonight. There will be about 6 of us and it should be a fun time. I believe out of everyone I'm the newest at wire wrapping (the class was listed as an intermediate, but I'd never done it before). I was the last one finished with my bracelet in Philly (I know...it's not a race). I'm hoping I remember most of what I learned so my next endeavor will turn out as nice as the one from the class did.

There are many things to remember about wire wrapping. You have to keep the wires straight and flat, especially if you're using half round (HR) which we are. You need to keep the tension good, but not too tight. You need to lock down each wrap. You want to make sure that you're not marring your wire with your tools. Everything should look nice and even. I'll post some pictures of the results!

TBH-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment